Visitation restrictions remain in effect
As Virginia enters Phase 3 of reopening, Centra will continue to implement the visitation restrictions that were put into place as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
While hospitals across the state may begin to relax visitation restrictions, Centra continues to see a number of positive COVID-19 cases and is surrounded by states who have ongoing outbreaks. This includes visitation for our skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, long-term care facilities and ambulatory clinics.
Very narrow exceptions to the visitation policy will be considered for those visitors who have screened negative upon arrival;
• Obstetrical patient/ Neonatal Nursery – one approved visitor will be admitted
• Pediatric patient – one visitor will be permitted (parent or legal guardian) per admission
• Comfort care / end of life care – one visitor
• Surgeries- one visitor for sedated patients
• Cognitive impairments- one visitor
Approved visitors as well as outpatients with scheduled appointments will be screened for symptoms and temperature prior to entry.
In an effort to help patients connect with their loved ones while visitation is restricted, Centra is helping to provide devices for video and phone calls, as well as setting up a personalized note delivery service.