County government facilities re-opening
Information in this article has been updated.
Buckingham County governmental facilities are preparing to open to the public, following restricting public access due to COVID-19.
At this time, the projected opening date will be June 15. This date may change, depending upon the projection of COVID-19 related developments and/or any state orders.
All planning to visit any of Buckingham’s County’s facilities must abide by Gov. Northam’s Executive Order 63, mandating masks with some exceptions. These exceptions include:
• While eating or drinking
• Individuals exercising or using exercise equipment
• Any person who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the face covering without assistance
• Any person seeking to communicate with the hearing impaired and for which the mouth needs to be visible
• When temporary removal of the face covering is necessary to secure government or medical services
• Persons with health conditions that prohibit wearing a face covering.
Nothing in this order shall require the use of a face covering by any person for whom doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety because of a medical condition.
Additional screening and safety measures, such as a screening questionnaire, will be in place at each facility that must also be adhered to.