• 64°

Fire engulfs vehicle

The Cumberland Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to a residence in the 300 block of Clinton Road on Thursday afternoon, Jan 16, in reference to a vehicle fire.

Cumberland Volunteer Fire Department (CVFD) member Ben Pfeiffer said units arrived to find a van engulfed in flames.

Pfeiffer said the blaze was accidental, likely caused by an engine/ electrical malfunction.

The homeowner attempted to put out the flames himself using a fire extinguisher, Pfeiffer added, but was unable to do so.

The fire began to spread to another van parked just a few feet away from the heavily-involved vehicle before units arrived and extinguished the blaze.

Engine 24 and Tanker 22 responded to the incident.