10 ways to support local businesses
Small businesses are the lifeblood of many communities. In our area the majority of businesses in operation are classified as small businesses. You can express your appreciation for the small businesses in our communities in various ways.
1.. Shop at small businesses regularly.
2. Encourage your family and friends to also shop at small businesses regularly.
3. Use social media to give your recommendations on small businesses that go above and beyond in quality and service.
4. Speak with business owners about your experience as a customer, sharing insight about both good and bad experiences.
5. Encourage your family or friends to make small business shopping a larger part of their overall spending plan.
6. Think of small business sponsorships when putting together school- or club-based fundraisers.
7. Host a meet-and-greet event for various small business owners.
8. If you own a small business, keep business cards, flyers or a sign advertising another small business in the area to show mutual support.
9. Invite small business owners to community activity centers, nursing homes, schools and the like to share their experiences about starting a business in the area.
10. Participate in community events that are sponsored by small business owners.