Fire damages Fuqua Pool House

Published 9:38 pm Friday, April 8, 2016

A two-alarm fire damaged the pool house at Fuqua School Friday night.

The fire was reported at about 7:53 p.m., according to Farmville Volunteer Fire Department Chief Andrew Goss.

The fire started near the locker rooms and spread through the ceiling, he said.

Email newsletter signup

There’s no word on the specific cause of the fire, though it appears to be mechanical in nature, Goss said.

The fire department is investigating the incident, he said.

The building should continue to be usable, according to Goss.

Hampden-Sydney Volunteer Fire Department responded.