Fire damages home near Glenmore
GLENMORE — A four-alarm house fire damaged a single-story home Monday afternoon at 532 Glenmore Road.
According to Kevin Flippen, Buckingham County’s emergency services coordinator, the fire was reported at about 12:07 p.m. He says no one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.
“It appears the fire started around heating furnace, with fire damage contained to the small mechanical area and smoke damage throughout the house,” Flippen said.
Firefighters from Glenmore, Dillwyn, Toga and Arvonia responded, he said.
Flippen reminds area homeowners to have their heating stoves, chimneys and furnaces checked and clean before winter.