Prince Edward Board of Supervisors to hold 8 public hearings July 14
The Prince Edward County Board of Supervisors will hold eight public hearings during its Tuesday, July 14, meeting.
The meeting, which is accessible to the public via a call-in number, is set to begin at 7 p.m., and the board will hold the public hearings beginning at 7:30 p.m.
The public can call in to the meeting by dialing 1 (425) 436-6394. When prompted for an access code, they should dial 867576#.
A notice of the public hearings supplied by the county included brief summaries of what each hearing will be about. They are as follows.
• A request by Rock & Metal LLC for a special use permit to amend the special use permit to expand the 30 approved construction campsites to 80 construction campsites on Tax Map Parcel 023B-1-V, with an address of 300A SMI Way in Farmville, and to convert to campsites after the construction project is completed
• A request by Prince Edward County Industrial Development Authority to amend the county zoning ordinance to allow data centers as a by right permitted use in the C-1, General Commercial Zoning District, and the I-1, General Industrial District, and add a definition of data centers
• A request by Prince Edward County Industrial Development Authority for a rezoning of Tax Map Parcel 039-A-3, near 230 Kelly Lane in Farmville, from A-2, Agricultural Residential, to C-1, Commercial
• A request by Robert Llewellyn/Northern Manufacturing & Firearm Sales LLC to add ammunition and firearm manufacturing as a use included in the Industry, Type I use definition and to allow Industry, Type I uses to operate by a special use permit in the C-1, General Commercial zoning district
• A request by Robert Llewellyn/Northern Manufacturing & Firearm Sales LLC for a special use permit to allow for an ammunition and firearm manufacturing facility on Tax Map Parcel
022-A-1-24, with an address of 3194 W. 3rd St. in Farmville
• A request by Michael & Elizabeth Dowler for a special use permit to construct and operate a campground and outdoor recreational facilities on Tax Map Parcel 25-A-21, near 2704
Charles Wood Lane, off Persimmon Tree Fork Road
• An amendment to the county zoning ordinance to provide for and regulate the siting, installation, operation and decommissioning of alternative energy, or “green energy,” sources in the county
• Pursuant to Section 15.2-2507 of the Code of Virginia, the board will consider amendments to the Fiscal Year 21 (FY 21) County Budget and FY 21 County School Budget as follows:
-To amend the FY 21 County Budget and accept the distribution of $1,989,387 of Federal Coronavirus Relief Funds to be appropriated and distributed by the Board of Supervisors.
-To amend the FY21 County Budget and FY21 School Budget and accept the distribution of $789,501.46 of Federal Coronavirus Relief Funds to be appropriated by the Board of Supervisors and distributed to Prince Edward County Public Schools
The notice also stated citizen input for the public hearings will be received by Karin Everhart, deputy clerk to the Board of Supervisors, using one of the following methods:
• written comments: Limit word count to no more than 500 words. They must be received by 2 p.m. the day of the meeting.
-mailed: Board of Supervisors, P.O. Box 382, Farmville, VA 23901
-county dropbox: Written comments may also be placed in the county “payment dropbox,” located in the courthouse parking lot, by 2 p.m. the day of the meeting.
• Citizens may participate remotely during the meeting. Using the meeting call-in information provided above, citizens may phone-in to the meeting and provide comments during the public hearing portion of the agenda; however, citizens must pre-register with the County Administrator’s Office at (434) 392-8837 by 2 p.m. the day of the meeting. Callers must be on the line and ready to speak when called upon by the chair. Speakers should state their name and district of residence. Based upon the number of pre-registered speakers, the chair will determine the time allotted to each speaker.