A list of cancellations due to the virus outbreak
The threat of the coronavirus has caused organizations to begin canceling area meetings. The following is a list of cancellations we have heard about. Please access this list through our Facebook page where other cancellations can be added in the comments. This list will be regularly updated.
- Farmville Rotary Club – canceled its Thursday. March 12 meeting
- Farmville Lions Club – all meetings and activities canceled through March 31
- Receptions scheduled for April 2 to meet and greet new Town Manager Scott Davis have been canceled.
- Sat., April 4 Farmville Easter Egg hunt has been canceled
- Tuesday, March 17 4:00 pm Alzheimer’s Council Dementia Friendly Community Presentation at the Woodland Community Center is canceled
- Thursday, March 19 1:00-4:00 pm The Alzheimer’ Family / Caregiver Education Program at the Farmville-Prince Edward Community Library is canceled
- All Alzheimer’s Association Programs the week of March 15 are canceled. The upcoming caregiver support group that meets at Brookview will not be meeting in April or May. However, starting Thursday, March 19, an online caregiver support group will meet via Zoom Meeting. The group will meet digitally every Thursday at 2 p.m. You have to downlolad the Zoom App to your computer, tablet or cell phone to be able to connect with this meeting. Contact Marion Kyner via email at email@example.com or call (434) 547-7850 and leave a message.
- The women’s self-defense seminar at Longwood University on Friday, March 27th is canceled at this time. It will be rescheduled in May or June.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Not Alone Group that meets on Monday and Wednesdays at Farmville United Methodist Church will be suspended until April 6th at the earliest, or until further notice. Alcoholics Anonymous Group will be meeting via Zoom meetings on Monday and Wednesdays, and newcomers are welcome to participate. Contact Anna B at (434) 480-6778 for more information on how to participate. You will need to download the free zoom app.
- Marine Corps League March 18 Flea Market – canceled
- Lunenburg County Community Concert March 20 – canceled
- Missionary Circle of Union R.Z.U.A. Church in Meredithville’s Annual Missionary Program scheduled for March 22 has been canceled for a later date.
- Rotary Club of Farmville noon meetings are canceled through the month of March. The pancake breakfast scheduled for April 18 has been postponed and a later date will be considered.
- The VFW Post 9954 has canceled its March 24 monthly business meeting and its March 28 Annual VFW Banquet. For questions concerning events beyond March, please call (434) 696-3303.
Wednesday, March 25, 2020 – the DEQ Public Information Meeting in Cumberland County to Discuss Sanitary Landfill Permitting is postponed indefinitely by DEQ.
Sunday, April 5, 2020 – the Cumberland County Landfill Alert (CCLA) monthly Community Townhall meeting scheduled for this date is cancelled.