VDOT work scheduled for area
Published 5:00 pm Tuesday, January 7, 2020
The Virginia Department of Transportation has issued a traffic alert for the Lynchburg District for the week of Jan 6-10. Work in area counties includes:
• Andersonville AHQ – Crews will cut brush.
Email newsletter signup
• Dillwyn AHQ — Crew will work surfaces.
• Countywide – Crews will work surfaces and shoulders, and cut brush.
Prince Edward County:
• Route 622 (360-624) – Closed for bridge, approach work over NSRR. Detour via 622 to 360 to 360B/460E to 724 and 624 back to 622. Estimated completion September 2020.
• Route 652 (690 – 460) – Closed to Dec. 13, for bridge replacement. Detour via 460 & 626.
• Various – Crew will respond to customer concerns, mow, clean ditches/pipe, install pipe and work surfaces.
• Bridge maintenance – Crews will perform maintenance on bridges/other structures.
• Guardrail maintenance – Crews will perform maintenance on guardrails.
• Line painting/pavement marking – Crews will address work orders/requests.
• Surface work – Various surface schedules are underway across the district. Be aware of possible lane closures and delays. Check VA511 for updates.