CVFD stops spreading house fire
A Cumberland County family’s home was damaged, but they escaped unharmed after a chimney fire at a house in the 1800 block of Anderson Highway the afternoon of Thursday, Jan. 23.
Ben Pfeiffer of the Cumberland Volunteer Fire Department (CVFD) said units were able to respond to the incident in eight minutes. They discovered a fire in the wall of the residence’s second-floor bedroom. Flames were extending to the attic and floorboards of the room.
Pfeiffer said units were able to get the fire under control quickly.
The family was inside the home at the time of the incident and was displaced by the fire. The Red Cross is assisting the family at this time.
CVFD Engine 24 responded to the incident. Assistance was provided by Randolph District Volunteer Fire Department Company 4, Macon District Powhatan Volunteer Fire Department Company 3 and Deep Creek Volunteer Fire Department.