VDOT work scheduled for area – Sept. 9-13
The Virginia Department of Transportation has issued a traffic alert for the Lynchburg District for the week of Sept. 9-13. Work in area counties includes:
• Route 20 – Long line painting will occur.
• Route 678 over Rock Island Creek – Structure rehabilitation. Estimated completion mid-Sept.
• Andersonville AHQ – Crew will cut brush.
• Various – Crews will mow, work surfaces and respond to customer concerns.
• Various – Crews will work surfaces, mow and respond to customer concerns.
Prince Edward County:
• Route 622 (360-624) – Road closure starting Aug. 7 for bridge and approach work over NSRR. Detour via 622 to 360 to 360B/460E to 724 and 624 back to 622. Est. comp. September 2020.
• Route 652 (690 – 460) – Closed Sept. 9-Dec. 13 for bridge replacement. Detour via 460, 626 and back to 652.
• Various – Crews will respond to customer concerns, mow, clean ditches/pipe, install pipe and work surfaces and shoulders.
• Bridge maintenance – Crews will perform maintenance on bridges/other structures.
• Centerline rumble strips – Crews will install centerline rumble strips on various primary routes.
• Guardrail maintenance – Crews will perform maintenance on guardrails.
• Line painting/pavement marking – Crews will address work orders/requests.
• Surface work – Various surface schedules are underway across the district. Be aware of possible lane closures and delays. Check VA511 for updates.