Fires occur in town Friday
Published 7:54 am Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Area fire departments reported to the scene of two fires in the Town of Farmville Friday, the first at a residence at Persimmon Tree Fork Road and the second at Tri-Boro Shelving at 300 Dominion Drive.
Earlier in the day Friday, Hampden-Sydney Volunteer Fire Department, Rice Volunteer Fire Department, Farmville Volunteer Fire Department and Prospect Volunteer Fire Department responded to a call at 9:47 a.m. concerning a possible chimney fire at a residence at Persimmon Tree Fork Road.
The fire was contained in the chimney, Farmville Fire Department Chief Dean Farmer said. Farmer said crews extinguished the fire and removed smoke from the residence. No one was hurt as a result of the fire, Farmer said.
Email newsletter signup
He said there was one occupant at the residence at the time of the fire.
Farmer said the fire at the shelving manufacturing company was reported at 2:20 p.m.
He said the fire was contained in one room and did not spread to other parts of the building. The type of fire caused large amounts of smoke. The fire was extinguished prior to the fire departments’ arrival.
Farmville Fire Department, Hampden-Sydney Volunteer Fire Department and Prospect Volunteer Fire Department responded to the incident.
Farmer said employees were evacuated from the building.
One person was transported to Centra Southside Community Hospital for a report of smoke inhalation, Farmer said.
There was no structural damage to the building as a result of the fire.