Crews respond to fire at Tri-Boro Shelving

Published 4:39 pm Friday, January 11, 2019

Fire department crews responded to a fire Friday afternoon reported at Tri-Boro Shelving, located at 300 Dominion Drive in Farmville.

According to Farmville Fire Department Chief Dean Farmer, the fire was reported at 2:20 p.m.
He said the fire was contained in one room and did not spread to other parts of the building. The type of fire caused large amounts of smoke. The fire was extinguished prior to the fire departments’ arrival.
Farmer said employees were evacuated from the building.
One person was transported to Centra Southside Community Hospital for a report of smoke inhalation, Farmer said.
There was no structural damage to the building as a result of the fire.
Farmville Fire Department, Hampden-Sydney Volunteer Fire Department and Prospect Volunteer Fire Department responded to the incident.

Email newsletter signup