Preparing for college
Published 12:55 pm Tuesday, October 2, 2018
Our high school juniors and seniors in the Heart of Virginia are in the midst of an exciting and scary period of time, considering and applying for colleges and universities.
The Southside Community Development Alliance (SCDA) hosted representatives from nine colleges and universities Sept. 26. Below is a list of the colleges who participated, and how to best get in touch with the representatives who participated in the symposium:
• Virginia State University, LaTosha DeLoatch, admissions counselor.
Email newsletter signup
(804) 524-7029; ldeloatch@ vsu.edu.
• Hampden-Sydney College, Anita Garland, dean of admissions.
(434) 223-6120; agarland@ hsc.edu.
• University of Lynchburg, Dara Logan, senior associate director.
(800) 426-8101 or (434) 544- 8300; admissions@lynchburg. edu.
• University of Virginia, Allyson Umali, admissions counselor.
Main admissions number: (434) 982-3200; au3a@virginia. edu.
• Randolph College, Nelson Davis, director of admission. (434) 947-8100, admissions@ randolphcollege.edu.
• Sweet Briar College, Gloria Simon, senior admissions counselor
(434) 381-6142; gsimon@sbc. edu.
• Longwood University, Johnice Brown, associate director. (434) 395-2591; brownjd@ longwood.edu.
• Southside Virginia Community College, Dorothea Sizemore, dean of enrollment management.
(434) 736-2017; dorothea. email@example.com.
• Richard Bland College of William & Mary, Kyle Dobry, admissions counselor.
(804) 862-6100 ext. 8584; firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an exciting time for our students. We in the community want to do everything possible to help area students achieve the transformative experience and skills higher education can bring.
EMILY HOLLINGSWORTH is a staff reporter for The Farmville Herald and Farmville Newsmedia LLC. Her email address is Emily.Hollingsworth@ FarmvilleHerald.com.