Prince Edward County Board Of Supervisors Agenda
Published 1:38 pm Thursday, June 4, 2015
PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
June 9, 2015
6:30 p.m. – JOINT PUBLIC HEARING: The Board will hold a joint public hearing with the Prince Edward County Planning Commission prior to considering the request of Ellington Energy Services, Inc. for a Special Use Permit to install one lighted, free-standing sign with LED digital reader in a C-1, General Commercial District, and further described as Tax Map Parcel #022-A-70-A1. The site is located at 3810 West Third Street, Farmville, VA (Pump & Pantry).
7 p.m. 1. The Chairman will call to order the June meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Citizens wishing to address the Board are asked to please sign the Public Participation Register prior to the beginning of the meeting.
5. Board of Supervisors Comments
6. Consent Agenda: a. Treasurer’s Report: April 2015 b. Approval of Minutes: May 12, 2015, May 21, 2015 c. Review of Accounts & Claims d. The County Administrator reported that checks have been issued pursuant to the order of the Board of Supervisors as to salaries, etc., the amount of which salaries have been heretofore approved. e. Appropriations
7. Appropriations: FY 16 County Budget
8. Highway Matters: Kevin Wright, VDOT
7:30 p.m. 9. PUBLIC HEARING: Prince Edward County Six-Year Plan—The Board will receive citizen input prior to considering the adoption of the FY 16 through FY 21 Six-Year Plan and FY 16 Construction Program for Prince Edward County.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: Grace Chapel Ministries Special Use Permit—The Board will receive citizen input prior to considering the request of Grace Chapel Ministries, Inc. for a Special Use Permit to install one free-standing electronic sign in an A-1, Agricultural Conservation District, and further described as Tax Map Parcel #021-A-10C. The site is located at 45 Simpson Road in the Tuggle area of Prince Edward County.
11. PUBLIC HEARING: County Ordinance for CY 2015 Tax Levies—The Board will receive citizen input prior to considering an amendment to the County’s 2015 Tax Levy Ordinance to increase the Special Levy in the Poplar Hill Community Development Authority (CDA) District from $0.25/$100 of assessed valuation to $1.00/$100 of assessed valuation.
12. Appointments: Prince Edward County School Board – District 201 (Lockett) District 601 (Prospect)
13. Appointments: Citizen Volunteer Positions
14. Appointments: County Attorney/Deputy County Attorneys
15. Appointment: STEPS Tripartite Board of Directors
16. Enterprise Zone Boundary Amendment
17. Emergency Management Report a. Joint LEPC b. National Weather Service Storm Ready Program
18. County Administrator’s Report
19. Closed Session: Disposition of Real Property (Section 2.2-3711(A)(3), Code of Virginia) Consultation with Legal Counsel (Section 2.2-3711(A)(7), Code of Virginia)
20. Informational: a. Press Release: VT Alumni Award for Excellence in Extension b. Commonwealth Regional Council, Monthly Meeting Agenda and Minutes
21. Monthly Reports: a. Animal Control b. Building Official c. Prince Edward County Public Schools d. Tourism
(NOTE: Additional agenda items may be added to the Table Pack, available for review after 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 9, 2015.)