The Farmville Town Council will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 6:45 pm in the Council Chamber of the Town Hall located at 116 North Main Street, Farmville VA for the purpose of hearing comments on the following proposed Town Ordinance amendments:
• Amend the fines for traffic ordinance violations as follows –
– Violation of meter ordinance and overtime parking fine will increase from $10.00 per violation to $25.00 per violation;
– Parking fine violations would double fifteen (15) days from offense, from previous five (5) working days;
– Adding the wording as follow: “Any vehicle illegally parked more than two (2) hours after a ticket is issued may be subject to be towed”.
• Add to Section 15-127 Parking Overtime; the wording “enforceable 24 hours a day”.
• Add to Section 15-130 Violation; duty of officers; payment of fine. (c.) to read “Vehicles parked in violation of this ordinance are subject to towing.”
• Rescind Sec. 15-135 Penalty and Adopt Sec. 15-135 Penaltyfor non- payment; Any person who does not pay the fine within fifteen (15) days from time when such notice was attached to such vehicle, shall pay double the amount for all fines, with the exception of Parking in a Handicap Space which will be $200.00
Copies of the entire ordinance are available by contacting the Town Manager’s Office, 116 North Main Street, Farmville, VA 23901 from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or on the Town’s website www.farmvilleva.com. Any person wishing to comment of the above-mentioned matter should plan to attend this hearing. Any comments and/or questions may be directed to Gerald Spates, Town Manager PO Drawer 368 Farmville, VA or by calling (434)392-5686 between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. It is the intent of the Town of Farmville to comply with the American with Disabilities Act. Should you need special accommodations, please contact Gerald Spates, Town Manager (434)392-5686.
The Cumberland County Board of Supervisors will meet on Tuesday, March 11, 2014, at 7:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter... read more